TWSupport-Smooth,Clean Support

[SOLVED] Blue Screen Of Death

reddotdj
    New User

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2008-06-02
    Computer Specs : Homebuild AMD 3400+ O/C at 2.31Ghz, 1.5 GB of Ram, Radeon x1550 Graphics, Creative XFI Platinum
    Additional Specs : Running Windows XP Pro x64 But would like to get Vista x64 running at some point.

[SOLVED] Blue Screen Of Death

Post by reddotdj on Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:20 pm

What Happened to that thread? Oh well will post here, now I think I'm pretty good at solving problems when they arrive but this one just baffles me.

My aunt who lives down in the UK has no pc at the moment as she gets a BSOD followed by a system dump.

Now I realise that this is so that windows can send the problem to Microsoft next time the PC boots into windows.

However it won't even let her do that, just goes round and round in circles.

Anyone think she should just flatten the drive and start again or is this a way of saying sorry your HDD is $%^ed.
    Placehold
    TWS Manager
    TWS Manager

Number of posts : 730
    Registration date : 2008-04-15
    Computer Specs : Windows Vista home premium :: Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU
    Additional Specs : T7250 @ 2.00GHz :: 4.00 GD RAM :: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT

Re: [SOLVED] Blue Screen Of Death

Post by Placehold on Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:47 pm

reddotdj wrote:What Happened to that thread? Oh well will post here, now I think I'm pretty good at solving problems when they arrive but this one just baffles me.

My aunt who lives down in the UK has no pc at the moment as she gets a BSOD followed by a system dump.

Now I realise that this is so that windows can send the problem to Microsoft next time the PC boots into windows.

However it won't even let her do that, just goes round and round in circles.

Anyone think she should just flatten the drive and start again or is this a way of saying sorry your HDD is $%^ed.

Ok first of all we need to make sure that the PC isn't set to automatically reboot after system crash

1. Reboot into "Safe mode with command prompt"

2. Locate "System Properties"

3. Select the "Advanced Tab" and then select "Settings" under the "Startup & Recover" header.

4. Under the heading "System Failure" Uncheck the box marked "Automatically Restart" and reboot.

5. If you can read the minidump then you should be able to sort the issue from there, If not upload the minidump using Media Fire.

If you cant boot to the desktop and it crashes again the "Stop Error" should appear on your screen allowing you to read it.

Regards

Craig

reddotdj
    New User

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2008-06-02
    Computer Specs : Homebuild AMD 3400+ O/C at 2.31Ghz, 1.5 GB of Ram, Radeon x1550 Graphics, Creative XFI Platinum
    Additional Specs : Running Windows XP Pro x64 But would like to get Vista x64 running at some point.

Post by reddotdj on Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:51 pm

Yeah I spoke to her about it and she gets a 220 error which I had a look at and it seems she could have a virus tut tut. Fortunately she has now got someone coming round to reinstall windows.
    Placehold
    TWS Manager
    TWS Manager

Number of posts : 730
    Registration date : 2008-04-15
    Computer Specs : Windows Vista home premium :: Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU
    Additional Specs : T7250 @ 2.00GHz :: 4.00 GD RAM :: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT

Post by Placehold on Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:06 pm

reddotdj wrote:Yeah I spoke to her about it and she gets a 220 error which I had a look at and it seems she could have a virus tut tut. Fortunately she has now got someone coming round to reinstall windows.

Reinstalling the OS will definitely clear the problem lol

I'll mark this as solved 😁

=> MARKED AS SOLVED
    => LOCKED

Regards

Craig

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:11 am