TWSupport-Smooth,Clean Support

[LOCKED] BSOD With Zone Alarm

CD27
    New User

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

[LOCKED] BSOD With Zone Alarm

Post by CD27 on Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:13 pm

Ok, so, I got rid of Comodo now, because it was causing some undesired effects with my permissions on my computer. so now I have Zone alarm. it works fine while i'm here, but when i leave for work and come back, several hours later, I see BSOD, EVERYTIME. so, any idea what's going on?

Eric
    Placehold
    TWS Manager
    TWS Manager

Number of posts : 730
    Registration date : 2008-04-15
    Computer Specs : Windows Vista home premium :: Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU
    Additional Specs : T7250 @ 2.00GHz :: 4.00 GD RAM :: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT

Re: [LOCKED] BSOD With Zone Alarm

Post by Placehold on Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:23 pm

Hey

Welcome back lol Smile

Now because Zone-Alarm is designed to protect your DSL- or cable-connected PC from hackers it contains four interlocking security suites which eat your processor and lag's out. Officially Zone-Alarm claim this is not the case where as unofficially your CPU hits the roof causing BSOD's if left to run unattended. When your system detects the hard drive going into idle mode the resource manager then re-allocates the memory to other resources such as security (Zone-Alarm).
    This is bad news as when you try to get back to your desktop Zone-Alarm has then consumed the majority of the memory and the system struggles resourcing it.

To this day i still use Sygate Security Firewall which is still up and running and still provides the security. Even tho sygate was shelfed i still haven't had a virus.

Also another good firewall is the new Rising Firewall Security however it is 29/$56 for the full year

Try uninstalling Zone-Alarm, reboot and cperform a clean out of the system to get rid of the error reports created during the BSOD's and then install a different firewall to see the difference.

Regards

Craig

Post by CD27 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:49 am

oh, here's the BSOD, didn't have time to read your post, sorry, i'll be back later tonight.

0X0000008E (0XC00000005, OX804E4337, 0XB0BD4824, 0X00000000)
    Placehold
    TWS Manager
    TWS Manager

Post by Placehold on Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:31 pm

Hey its ok

Now this could possibly a RAM error inwhich case try swapping the RAM into a different slot and reboot but could also possibly be Backdoor.Rustock.
    Backdoor.Rustock is a special characteristic malicious code that can be considered the first born of the next generation of rootkits. Backdoor.Rustock consists of a mix of old techniques and new ideas that when combined make a malware that is stealthy enough to remain undetected by many rootkit detectors commonly used (such as RootkitRevealer, BlackLight and IceSword)

To stop the BSOD's follow the next procedure:

1. Reboot your system into the Recovery Console from a Boot Disk or Recovery Partition

2. Bring up the Command Prompt and type Regedit, press Enter to continue

3. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services

4. Right Click on pe386 and select Delete

5. Exit the Registry Editor and reboot into Normal Mode

You should now find that the BSOD's have stopped, If not please update your post

Regards

Craig

Post by CD27 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:35 am

btw, i can't swap the ram, this is a laptop....Razz. i have JUST reinstalled windows a few days back and NEVER had this instant ever before. i haven't changed what sites i go to, so i assume that this MUST be Zone Alarm. i've never used it before, so i've probably got it set up wrongly or something like that.
    Placehold
    TWS Manager
    TWS Manager

Post by Placehold on Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:43 pm

NO RESPONSE FROM USER => LOCKED

To re open please PM a member of staff.

Regards

Craig

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:39 am