TWSupport-Smooth,Clean Support

Suggestions For TechWebSupport

CD27
    New User

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Suggestions For TechWebSupport

Post by CD27 on Tue May 26, 2009 12:09 pm

I noticed that the site was down for quite some time, and while I was offline I figured I'd make a small list of things that might help the site design just a bit. Sorry if some of it seems blunt, really, i'm just trying to help Razz

1. Though it looks almost signature in design, the logo banner is far too wide, and for users, graphics are cool, and design is cool, but part of design is accessibility and it's really annoying to have half of my screen blocked by a white wall requiring me to scroll down to see most of the forum itself.

2. Add side and/or side banners/backgrounds. The plain black on white hurts people's eyes. People see things in double, and are multitracked, it makes things MUCH easier on the eyes if there's something catchy, if not something to differentiate, on the sides, top, and bottom of the site to differentiate between the border and the forum sides.

3. well that's really all i've gotten so far. feel free to hop over to my own sites and critique them as well if you like, I'm always open to new ideas and methods. they are in my signature.
    Placehold
    TWS Manager
    TWS Manager

Number of posts : 730
    Registration date : 2008-04-15
    Computer Specs : Windows Vista home premium :: Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU
    Additional Specs : T7250 @ 2.00GHz :: 4.00 GD RAM :: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT

Re: Suggestions For TechWebSupport

Post by Placehold on Tue May 26, 2009 8:36 pm

Hello Smile

Yeah its alright, there are a few factors that we will stick by mainly for the sake of keeping everything smooth and speedy.

1. Has been implemented already Smile

2. Isn't really going to happen unfortunately, I understand what your meaning here however we prefer not to have ads and flash images in the background mainly because it slows the servers down and doubles the load time of the forum.

Previously tested other themes we discovered a high abandoned rate where people were dropping from the web page because it was taking in excess of up to 75 seconds to load the flash image alone.

We have also added a code to auto resize images posted on TWS to the exact maximum width of the forum and the height will be adjusted accordingly, again this method reduces the waiting time for the forum to load.

We will look into something else in the background however it will be a future aspect.

Regards

Craig

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by CD27 on Wed May 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Well, as for number two, ads and flashy images wasn't what i was talking about, i was just saying a noticeable background that works. Pardon me if it seems like I'm advertising, but take a look at my forum and see how the background stands out with the foreground. It actually compliments the foreground into being more presentable.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:11 am