TWSupport-Smooth,Clean Support

I/O Error 0x8007045d

warlordfmike
    TWS Support

Number of posts : 111
    Registration date : 2008-04-16
    Computer Specs : Vista Home Basic::Amd 64 3000+ 2.4GHZ::Msi RS480M (MS-7145)::Kinston Value RAM 1G Crucial 1G::
    Additional Specs : Ati Radeon X1600 pro 512mb Pci-e::Western Digital Caviar 80GB

I/O Error 0x8007045d

Post by warlordfmike on Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:58 pm

as of late iv been getting when i would drag & drop file's to a dvd+rw after a while il geting ( I/O error 0x8007045d ) also after i get that error if take the disk out & put back in the drive act's like it's reading the disk but nothing happen's

but if i take the drive out & put it a old hp the drive & the disk a readable not sure what the deal is nor if any of this is useful

if there's anything else u need il post it

Device Error Driver Detective
    jcgriff2
    Technical Analyst
    Technical Analyst

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2008-04-17
    Computer Specs : Core2 Duo P7350; 4GB DDR2; 320gb
    Additional Specs : Windows 7 beta x64 - Vista SP2b x64 - SP2b x86

Re: I/O Error 0x8007045d

Post by jcgriff2 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:53 pm

Hi Mike -

How have you been?

The I/O device error 0x8007045D appears to be related to the DVD disc and possibly the DVD drive itself? In other words, the error only occurs when the DVD is in use?

Have you tried a different box or better yet a different brand of DVD+RW? Have you tried the DVD drive in another system - if an option for you? The one thing I noticed from your screen shot is that the driver appears to be pre-Vista SP1 based on the version number.

2 reports for me, please -

msinfo32 saved in NFO file format -
    START | msinfo32 | save as NFO file (default file extension)

Vista System Health Report
    START | perfmon /report | save as an HTML file (default)

Zip them up and attach to your next post.

Please check WERCON out - Windows Problem Reports and Solutions
    START | wercon | View Problem History - look for any sign of disk I/O errors, DVD problems, error codes 0x8007045d or 2147943517. 2x-click on an entry will provide additional detailed information.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

warlordfmike
    TWS Support

Computer Specs : Vista Home Basic::Amd 64 3000+ 2.4GHZ::Msi RS480M (MS-7145)::Kinston Value RAM 1G Crucial 1G::
    Additional Specs : Ati Radeon X1600 pro 512mb Pci-e::Western Digital Caviar 80GB

Post by warlordfmike on Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:27 am

im sorry iv been sick for a while im fine not sure what i got other then that im fine how have been pale

yes i have tryed the drive in another pc a old hp that has a intel pen 3 that run's at 886Mhz & the drive would load the disc fine there no issue on that pc just this one the disc still wont load

if the driver is Pre-Vista Sp1 i guess i should uninstall it right but the screen shot is for Ide AtA/Atapi Controllers not the disk drive it self

R&P File System Info

!! Note !!
    i Dont have sp1 installed as im afaid to as last time i did i had issue with so i had to do a reformat of the hole drive Exclamation
    warlordfmike
    TWS Support

Post by warlordfmike on Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:38 am

warlordfmike wrote:im sorry iv been sick for a while im fine not sure what i got other then that im fine how have been pale

yes i have tryed the drive in another pc a old hp that has a intel pen 3 that run's at 886Mhz & the drive would load the disc fine there no issue on that pc just this one the disc still wont load

if the driver is Pre-Vista Sp1 i guess i should uninstall it right but the screen shot is for Ide AtA/Atapi Controllers not the disk drive it self

R&P File System Info

!! Note !!
    i Dont have sp1 installed as im afaid to as last time i did i had issue with so i had to do a reformat of the hole drive Exclamation

also i cant install call of duty 2 6 cd's i get the following

error 1305 : error reading from file
    E:\setup\data\main\iw._05.iwd
    verify that the file exists and that you can access it

then when i hit cancel this error come's up

feature transfer error
    error 1603 fatal error during installtion

also when im online or playing a game the disk drive spin's up & it should not & i only allow anti-virus to scan at 1:00am once a day

should i uninstall the driver for the disk drive & install a one version down from what is installed Question
    jcgriff2
    Technical Analyst
    Technical Analyst

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2008-04-17
    Computer Specs : Core2 Duo P7350; 4GB DDR2; 320gb
    Additional Specs : Windows 7 beta x64 - Vista SP2b x64 - SP2b x86

Post by jcgriff2 on Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:24 pm

Hi Mike -

Trying to diagnose multiple problems is difficult and should be taken one at a time. However, trouble-shooting cannot begin unless the foundation on which you are assessing problems is firmly anchored in bedrock - this would be Vista SP1. Your Vista Operating System must be stable before you can address any other software issues.

You must update your system with Vista SP1 as it may be the solution to some of your system troubles. There are prerequisite Windows Updates that must be installed first - in other words, your system has to have ALL windows updates in prior to even attempting the installation of SP1.

Without SP1 you are risking system instability and a visit with me in BSOD 101 class in the near future - and in panic mode. Most likely, your system manufacturer (OEM) drivers are being updated, as are program installations, anti-virus, etc... but only select MS drivers. For example, the timestamp that I usually see on the non-SP1 DirectX Graphics Kernel driver is July 2007. With SP1 installed I see dates on dxgkrnl.sys of Aug 2008 -->. Same goes with the NT Kernel. Other MS drivers are not so fortunate. Many are left back at their inception date of November 2, 2006.

You should do some prep work to ready your system for its install:

SP1 FAQ - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959064

SP1 Readiness Tool - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

I would suggest that you run SFC - System File Checker - bring up an elevated cmd/DOS prompt -
    START | type cmd.exe | right-click on cmd.exe | Run as Admin | type sfc /scannow - re-boot when complete to allow repair of files that cannot be done while system running.

Run the Vista Cleaning Manager Utility - from an elevated cmd/DOS prompt -type cleanmgr tuneup - Check the following boxes:
    Code:

- Temp Setup Files
    - Downloaded Program Files
    - Temp Internet Files
    - Recycle Bin
    - System error memory dump files (NOT the next line - minidump files)
    - Temp Files
    - Temp Windows Installation Files

Defrag the hard drive - use a product like Auslogics
    http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag/download

And of course a few questions, if you don't mind -
    - How old is your current pre-SP1 installation?
    - Do you still have dial-up Internet?
    - Have you in the past been able to update to SP1 using dial-up?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

warlordfmike
    TWS Support

Post by warlordfmike on Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:05 am

ok iv installed sp1 & everthing seem's to be fine also i tryed the disk now & i can get in it now but there's one thing it's not a live system disk anymore were i could add/remove file's

but i guess the book type must have got messed up now i will have try other disk's

is there anything else that i need to do
    warlordfmike
    TWS Support

Post by warlordfmike on Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:21 am

ok iv ran the driver update program again & it still say's the same thing it did that is in the one screen shot the ide device should i download & update it from device manager or what should i do or is it fine to leave it
    warlordfmike
    TWS Support

Post by warlordfmike on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:38 am

warlordfmike wrote:ok iv ran the driver update program again & it still say's the same thing it did that is in the one screen shot the ide device should i download & update it from device manager or what should i do or is it fine to leave it

what should i do about the Ide ATA/ATAPI controllers should i download the file

here is a updated Screen Shot but now it say's something else under
    driver update\Description

here is the Link that give's for the download
    warlordfmike
    TWS Support

Post by warlordfmike on Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:14 pm

ok i still a issue with the disk drive's not sure what but when i tryed the burn the saved data to a new dvd-rw it burned til a point then stopped i got the same error & the disk is acting just like it did before

here is a Screen Shot of what i got when i put the disk back in & it asked to do a scan for error's

also the drive would not eject the disk i had to restart the system to eject the drive should be thinking about reformating HDD or uninstalling & reinstalling disk drive driver's
    warlordfmike
    TWS Support

Post by warlordfmike on Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:39 am

i might have found a fix

i have had mainboard driver's for a some time now but never thought of trying to update them til i read this
    Thread last post

so i updated the following

Ati I/O Communications Processor SMBus Controller

then updated

3 standard dual channel pci ide Controller

which 2 are now called ATi 4379 Serial ATA Controller
    the other one now ATI IDE Controller

but there are 2 more Ati I/O Communications Processor
    one is called Ati I/O Communications Processor LPC Controller
    other one is Ati I/O Communications Processor Pci Controller

i have uploaded a Screen Shot

could this be the cause of it or what is.. i also ran driver detective & it now it say's that ATI IDE Controller & ATi 4379 Serial ATA Controller are out of date should i download chip set driver's from MSI update them from the device manager as if i use the program to update it will uninstall my updated 9.3 video driver's
    warlordfmike
    TWS Support

Post by warlordfmike on Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:18 pm

ok i burn the warlord 1 file's to a disk but i did them in part's the folder's are the following size

1.75 mb's - 95 mb's - 195 mb's - 656 mb's - 691 mb's - 1.78 gb's i did them in that order as i did not want to mess up the but i guess if it will do that it's fixed

what do u think was wrong

lol if ur whating to know what's on the disk it's driver's,software,program's of all type i also have three more disk just like this it's all the program's & data i cant download on dial-up

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:13 am