Sound not working

foxmacleod
    New User

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2009-01-07

Sound not working

Post by foxmacleod on Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:09 am

Hi,
    I am having trouble with my speakers and have no clue what to do. I cannot hear music, or use any form of google talk or teamspeak. I use the speakers that r inside the computer but I have also tried using speakers and headphones. Nothing has worked.
    My volume in my control panel is at the max...same with advanced settings and everything seems to be in order according to people ive talked to but still no result please help.
    Placehold
    TWS Manager
    TWS Manager

Number of posts : 730
    Registration date : 2008-04-15
    Computer Specs : Windows Vista home premium :: Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU
    Additional Specs : T7250 @ 2.00GHz :: 4.00 GD RAM :: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT

Re: Sound not working

Post by Placehold on Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:23 am

Hello foxmacleod

Welcome to TWS,

Have you updated anything as of late that may relate to video's, codec's or audio?
    When you try to connect the head sets is there any crackling or a pop when you connect them?

Unfortunately its not uncommon for sound issues to occur after any sort of updates, We can however try a couple of procedures to troubleshoot and rectify the issue

The first thing i would recommend is to go to the Microsoft download site for windows media player, download the latest player and install from your desktop, If the download is not needed a message will let you know.

=> Windows Media Player Updates

Using the sound troubleshooter:

1. Click Start, and then click Help and Support

2. Under Pick a Help Topic, click Fixing a problem

3. In the navigation pane on the left, click Games, sound, and video problems

4. In the topic pane, on the right side, click Sound Troubleshooter

5. Click the option that describes the problem that is occurring or chance the one that describes most of the symptoms, and then click Next

6. Follow the instructions which should talk you through resetting the sound devices on your XP computer

If the troubleshooter fails to give you any results we can update your sound drivers,

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System

2. On the Hardware tab and click Device Manager

3. Select Sound, Video and Game controllers

4. Right click on your sound device, or one at a time if you have several devices and select Update Driver Software

Your computer should now connect to the internet and download any available software fr your sound drivers, Hopefully it is only an update that is needed,

If you are still having issues then please update us on what your results are 😁

regards

Craig

Current date/time is Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:18 am